Monday, April 15, 2013

Off schedule



I was so proud of SuperD this weekend! My mom and her husband came into town on Friday and we were off of his normal routine all weekend. He did great! He still talked C-O-N-S-T-A-N-T-L-Y, but he was also well-behaved and polite and engaging. We spent time with at my mom’s husband’s sister’s (got that?) house yesterday. They have a dog the size of a horse (Irish Wolfhoud, I think) and a 10-week-old kitten. I think SuperD made a new bff with that kitten. They played and kept each other entertained forever. Every time the kitten jumped or pounced, SuperD laughed hysterically. It was great! At the end of the night, he thanked our host for dinner and was just sweet as could be.
Of course, there was hell to pay this morning for three days off schedule, but I can deal with one rough morning after such a pleasant weekend! Could it be he is FINALLY feeling secure enough to let go of some of his anxiety? My mom commented that he seemed much calmer and less hypervigilant that he did in January. Yay, progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment