Monday, April 8, 2013

Good day



Today, SuperD’s therapist told me I was doing a good job. She likes me to send her an email update in advance of our appointments, and, true to form, I sent a long dramatic one on Sunday. We’d just gotten home from a park playdate that ended with an overstimulated, hyper SuperD. I felt like I was doing anything BUT a good job yesterday, so it was nice to hear today. SuperD also handled a transition to a new preschool building fabulously today, and had a pretty good hour of bike riding outside. I’m calling today a win!
Also, I turned down placement of a 3 yo boy at 6 a.m. today. It broke my heart. This is only the second time I've turned down a placement. The only free bedroom space we have right now is in Monkey’s room and 3 is too old for a boy and a girl to share a room. SuperD’s room is just not well-situated for sharing (I wonder if I will always feel the need to justify why I turned down a placement. Seriously, I feel so bad!). I then spent the entire morning thinking about this sweet little man wandering around the social services office (he was there when they called me) confused and scared this morning. However, this did confirm our long-held belief that we only ever get calls for placements when hubby is out of town! I don’t think he has been in town the day we got a placement, and he really doesn’t travel that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment