Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Continued

For the second time in six weeks, we had a goal change hearing continued because the guardian ad litum was sick. This time, Monkey's GAL was actually there but her siblings' was not. I'm not sure why they didn't proceed with Monkey's case, since it is basically separate from the other kids. They also scheduled the new date for THREE MONTHS from now. I've never heard of a continued date being scheduled more than 30 days out because of deadlines for funding. I don't have a lot of confidence in our city attorney, who didn't speak up once. The social services supervisor looked appropriately ticked, though, which made me feel somewhat better. Mom did mention that she has started making appointments for services. I just don't know if that will be enough, or if it will be too little, too late.

I really just hope God/the universe/whatever entity is in charge of taking care of children is paying attention and ensures that the right decision is made for these kids, no matter what that is.

I'm going to pour my second glass of wine now. I hate court days.

No comments:

Post a Comment