Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stepping Up


Rumor has it that there's a possibility one of SuperD's relatives will be petitioning for custody of him. They are all out of state, which would mean a long ICPC wait. If that’s going to happen, I hope they step up sooner rather than later. This poor kid deserves permanency ASAP, after more than  17 months in foster care and a disrupted kinship placement. 
I’m not sure how I feel about it. Once hubby and I settled on wanting to adopt him, we really embraced it and have worked so hard to bond. It would be really hard to let go of that. I also really worry that another move is going to set him up for the attachment disorder he is narrowly avoiding right now. However, I do really support kinship placements when appropriate – I just prefer if they step up on their own and don’t have to be talked into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment