Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday visit


We took Monkey to get her ears pierced this morning. Mom and her sister (Monkey’s aunt) came, and I had mom pick out the earrings and hold Monkey while it was being done. Monkey was hysterical after and mom had to give her to me to calm her down. I really, really dislike the baby ears pierced look, but I know that’s just me. Other than that part, we had a really good visit. I had mom pick out some jammies and outfits for Monkey, which I bought. It felt good to let her make some choices for her baby. 

We talked a lot about how we feel fortunate to have such a good relationship and about staying in contact post-reunification (I’m telling myself daily that this baby is going home so I don’t make the mistake of feeling like we’re keeping her again). It was a good visit, but I have been totally drained the rest of the day. I’ve spent the whole day loving on Monkey and getting nothing else accomplished. Hubby has taken charge of SuperD to give me a break (bless him) so I plan to get the baby to bed and spend the rest of the evening reading in my new hammock. And I only feel a little bad for being so lazy.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment