Friday, June 21, 2013

Mini-update


Things have been a little crazy around here. This was SuperD’s first week at “summer school” as we’re calling it. He seems to be enjoying it, but he’s already had one time out so we’ll see. I also had Monkey all set to stay with another foster mama while I work. I ended up being uncomfortable with the setup in the home so I’ve switched her to a state-certified in-home daycare provider that we’ve used before. It was really, really hard for me to call the foster mom and tell her we weren’t going to use her after all. I am no fan of confrontation of any kind. She was very polite about it, but I still felt bad.

Monkey is so much more mobile these days! She crawls properly now and pulls up on everything. She is still learning how to sit down without falling, and I have to stop myself from rushing over to prevent a fall every time she stands up. She’ll never learn if I don’t give her the chance to fall.

I wrote a post in my head earlier with an actual relevant to foster care topic, but it is completely gone now. That's what happens when you don't take notes and your mind is going in 50 different directions, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment