Thursday, August 15, 2013

Waiting game



We are still living in a land of uncertainty over here. I am about to start (another) new job, and hubby is still waiting to hear from one he just interviewed for. While we’re on the road to adopting SuperD, we’ve yet to be assigned an adoption worker and only half of our family (my half) has been told. We have an important court date for Monkey next week and I have no clue what the outcome will be. I’m a walking ball of anxiety these days! It’s a good thing these kids are so cute!

I've been doing a lot of therapeutic work with SuperD the last few days. He's been talking about his first dad nonstop and it continues to be so heartbreaking.
Questions from my 4 yo this week:

  • When am I going to see my other dad?
  • Before I came to live with you, what kids lived here?
  • When am I going to get on a plane and live somewhere else? (He came to us from out of state)

It's been rough, but I'm hopeful that as we move into fall, which will mark his second fall season with us, he'll begin to feel more secure again. I’m trying to convince hubby that we should take a last minute beach vacation over Labor Day weekend. I could really use the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment