Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tough question

SuperD asked tonight when his real dad was coming to get him. We talked a little about first mommy and daddy not being able to take care of him and keep him safe. I tried to link it to what we always tell him, that it is our job to take care of him and Monkey and keep them safe. I'm going to check with his caseworker, but I think it's just about time to tell him the whole truth.

I told my parents about the adoption this week. They were beyond excited. My mom immediately got online and started buying books about adoption that are geared towards friends and family of the adoptive couple. She and my brother have also asked about coming out for adoption day, which is so far in the future I can't even begin to plan it right now. I cannot wait until the first time SuperD calls them grandma and grandpa (as far as I know, he's never had any relationship with bio-grandparents, so they get to be his first!).

No comments:

Post a Comment