Thursday, July 25, 2013

Down time



Nothing new is going on here. I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that in the same month (August) we'll likely be getting an adoption caseworker for one kiddo and a reunification plan for the other. Other than that, we're enjoying a few relatively quiet weeks, which has been nice.

Since going back to work, I cherish the two days/week that I have off. Unfortunately, much of those days is eaten up by chores, errands and life stuff. But in the downtime, I snuggle my Monkey. Watching her laugh and play today has shown me that she’s not really my baby anymore! She’s not walking yet, but at almost 11 months, she’s looking more and more like a toddler. Tomorrow, I will take her to a family birthday party for one of her brothers. Her sweet mama made a point of inviting the foster parents, and even SuperD (I’m not taking him). It counts as her visitation for the week. I haven’t been to a visit since I started work, so about 6 weeks. I’m sure it will be hard to see my baby with the people she really belongs to, but as always, I know it’s the right thing to do.

In other news, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that SuperD’s bio-mom’s appeal will be dropped today. Since she has officially told her attorney she wants to drop it, they moved today’s hearing from appeal to withdrawl of appeal. I’m so nervous something will go wrong, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment